Inter midfielder Vieira hints at future MLS switch

~

Inter midfielder Patrick Vieira has revealed this will be his last year playing football in Europe, but he could end his career with a spell in the USA in Major League Soccer.

Patrick Vieira

Patrick Vieira: No Arsenal return.

Vieira's contract at the San Siro expires in 2010 and he has not been guaranteed a renewal by the club, seeing the midfielder linked with a return to Arsenal and even a switch to the Gunners' bitter rivals Tottenham.

The Senegal-born star will be 34 by the time his contract with the Italian champions expires, and he is already making plans for the future.

"I still have a year left on my contract and I think it will be my last in Europe at the highest level," Vieira told Orange Sport. "I would like to try an experience in the United States, [former French international] Youri Djorkaeff has convinced me."

The Frenchman also spoke of his ambition to return to the national team after being dropped by Raymond Domenech for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Romania and Serbia.

"I want to return to the national team, but I don't want to rush it. I am fine physically and mentally as I am playing more often with Inter," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment