Prolific Dzeko still has heart set on Milan move

~

Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko still has his heart set on a move to AC Milan, even though he is resigned to staying at Wolfsburg this season.

Dzeko

Dzeko in regular pose last season.

The Bosnian striker was a crucial part in Wolfsburg's Bundesliga-winning side last season, scoring 26 goals.

Dzeko's prolific form alerted Milan, but his club refused to let him make the switch to Serie A - much to the forward's disappointment.

"I am 23 years old and I receive an offer from the club I have always dreamed about - it was only honest for me to say I wanted to go there,'' he said.

"I stand by what I said. I was fascinated with this club from when I was a little boy. I don't know why, but AC Milan was always the biggest team in the world for me. I always wanted to go there.''

Despite stating his preference to join the Rossoneri, Dzeko was told that he would be going nowhere and that he should instead concentrate on fulfilling the remaining two years of his contract.

Nevertheless, Dzeko expects the opportunity to join Milan to present itself again next summer.

"You don't always get what you want in life, at least not straight away,'' he told the Welt newspaper. "It was the club's right to say no. That's just the way things are.

"I am not mad with Wolfsburg in any way and am not going to cause any commotion. I am staying here and will try to play even better next year than I have up to now. What happens after that remains to be seen.

"I will always dream [about Milan].''

Although Dzeko would still love the chance to join Milan, he remains focused on Wolfsburg and has not ruled out extending his contract with the Bundesliga champions.

"I am happy in Wolfsburg, so why not?'' he said.

Wolfsburg coach Armin Veh confirmed that talks over a new contract are under way and that he hopes a decision can be taken within a week, which is also Dzeko's desire.

"I want the talks to be concluded before the start of the season so that I can concentrate on the games,'' he added.


0 comments:

Post a Comment